If crochet gift ideas are on your mind, you are not alone. In this case, we have collected 100+ ideas for handmade gifts for friends and family.
As a matter of fact, summer is a perfect time to start handmade gifts for everyone on your list. Consequently, as the holidays arrive, there is no time left to crochet Christmas gifts as bigger projects may take several days to finish.
Accordingly, we have organized all yarn gifts into several categories to help you decide:
- Home Decor
1. Crochet Jewelry – Quick Gift Idea
For example, jewelry and some home decor items are quick to crochet gift ideas that you can finish in 15-30 minutes. In contrast, cardigans and blankets would require a few days of work. With this in mind, our 100+ collection of yarn gift ideas will help you find a perfect gift for everyone on your list.
In fact, crochet jewelry is a trendy accessory perfect for a friend or a young relative. With this in mind, we have included in our collection crochet bracelets, necklaces, and a variety of earrings in many styles from boho to coastal.
Moreover, crochet jewelry items make perfect birthday presents or teacher appreciation gifts. In fact, there is no better way to say “Thank you” than with a thoughtful handmade gift.
For example, here is the full collection of quick crochet jewelry gifts:
- Crochet Bracelet by WillMade
- Bojo Beaded Necklace by Windingroadcrochet
- Crochet Snowflake Earrings by crochetforyoublog
- Upcycled Crochet Hoops by Craftinghappiness
- Aunt Lydia’s Petal Pop Crochet Earrings by Yarnspirations
- Seashell Earrings by GoldenLucyCrafts
- Cherry Blossom Earrings by GoldenLucyCrafts
- Boho Earrings by crochetforyoublog
2. Crochet Gift Ideas – Toys
In fact, babies are born all year long. Consequently, you may need a quick crochet gift for a baby shower. For this reason, check out our collection of crochet toys.
For example, who would not love a cute handmade toy that is as unique as the child receiving it? With this in mind, check out free patterns for cute bunnies, a “no-drama” llama, a teddy bear, a lucky puppy, and a crochet cat.
10. Willow the Bunny by TheBlueElefants
11. Pip and Patch by Irene Strange
12. No Drama Llama by Yarnspirations
13. Pippi Crocheted Doll by FUZZ Poppi Designs
14. A Little Caterpillar by aidieandjellybean
15. Kumas Bear Family by tarturumies
16. The Hippopotamus Melman and his friend Pi by tarturumies
17. Alfa Giraffe by tarturumies
18. Teddy Bear by amigurumi.today
19. Ami the Cat by amigurumi.today
20. Lucky Puppy by amigurumi.today
3. Quick Crochet Gift – Lovey
In general, when you are pressed for time, a quick lovey makes a perfect baby gift. Furthermore, pair it with a book or an outfit from the gift registry. As a result, you have a thoughtful combination of a handmade gift and a purchased item that baby needs.
As an illustration, we have a collection of cute loveys from cute bunnies to sleepy bears by our favorite designers that all come with FREE PATTERNS.
With this in mind, check out our collection of FREE PATTERNS to crochet the cutest lovey:
21. Willow the Bunny by theblueelephants
22. Sleepy Baby Bear and Bunny
23. Crochet Bunny Lovey by burgundyandblush
25. Puppy Lovey by crochetpedia
26. Posey Bunny Lovey by stitchandhound
4. Crochet Home Decor Gift Ideas
Frequently you may need a birthday gift for a friend or a quick teacher gift. For this reason, a thoughtful beautiful handmade gift may be a solution.
For example, you can crochet a quick basket or a set of coasters. In addition, you can crochet a beautiful wall hanging or a pumpkin for your home.
Most importantly, these projects are quick to make and supplies won’t break the bank.
Furthermore, you can start making Crochet Christmas gifts ahead of time. With this in mind, check out our collection of free patterns for baskets, coasters, placemats, and home decor items.
As an illustration, here is a collection of home decor yarn gifts:
30. Decorative Fish by elisascrochet
31. Table placemat set by creamofthecropcrochet
32. Crochet placemat pattern by crochet.life
33. Easy fringe placemats by forthefrills.com
34. Bojo crochet coasters by forthefrills.com
35. Lattice table runner by fictionandfibers.com
36. The sun and the moon mini wall hanging loveandstitchdesign.com
37. The Darcie mug rug by loveandstitchdesign.com
38. Easy crochet pumpkin pattern by craft-mart.com
39. The mountain wall hanging by loveandstitchdesign.com
5. Hats, Bags, and Baskets Yarn Gifts
In general, accessories are quick to crochet. For this reason, they make great last-minute gifts.
For example, you can complete a hat in 1.5 hours, according to Make and Do Crew. Moreover, you can quickly crochet such items as bags, baskets, and placemats.
Of course, every handmade gift requires time to make it. Obviously, in the process, many things can go wrong.
With this in mind, you should start on making gifts ahead of the gift-giving season. For example, the majority of Christmas gifts should be started in July.
On the positive side, we have a collection of 100+ quick crochet gifts:
40. Mini Nesting Crochet Baskets by YarnandChai
42. Neo Crochet Bag by lakesideloops.com
43. Quick Crochet Tote Bag by lulostitchco.com
44. Tote Bag by fallingspringcrochet.com
45. BOJO Crochet Bag by makeanddocrew.com
6. Hats, Messy Bun Hats, and Shawls Yarn Gift Ideas
In case you are looking for a quick gift idea, messy bun hats and head warmers are the answer. In other words, the small is the item, the quicker you can finish it.
To clarify, we have a great collection of 12 popular messy bun hats, a baby bunny hat, a packable fedora, and a few amazing shawls. On the positive side, they all come with free patterns.
46. Fedora Sun Hat by makeanddocrew.com
47. 12 Messy Bun Crochet Hat Patterns (free) – collection by craft-mart
48. 1.5 Hour Crochet Beanie for Beginners
49. Baby Bunny Hat by makeanddocrew.com
7. Scarves, Infinity Scarves, and Wraps
In general, scarves are very easy to crochet for beginners. For this reason, even a beginner can crochet a variety of quick gifts for friends and family.
As an illustration, check out an amazing collection of warm, lacy, and colorful scarves anyone would enjoy. Surprisingly, they all come with free patterns and easy crochet stitches.
50. A Fast Treble Crochet Scarf
51. Capri Summer Crochet Scarf
52. Lacy Infinity Scarf Pattern
53. Easy Infinity Scarf Pattern Spring Unicorn
54. Easy Crochet Infinity Scarf for Spring by craft-mart
55. Agape Wrap by mamainastitch.com
56. Easy Mesh Stitch Summer Wrap by craft-mart.com
58. Little Fictions 1-skein Shawl by anniedesigncrochet.com
59. Elegant Tendril Crochet Shawl by anniedesigncrochet.com
60. Red Heart Yarn Quick Weekend Shawl
8. Cardigans Crochet Gift Ideas
Certainly, cardigans are bigger projects that require a lot of work. On the positive side, you can crochet a chunky cardigan made out of a rectangle or two fairly quickly. A chunky poncho is even easier to crochet.
With this in mind, check out our collection of crochet cardigans. In essence, if you are looking for a very special gift idea, the cardigan is the answer.
62. Easy Cotton Crochet Shrug for a Girl
63. Light Snow Oversized Cardigan
64. Chunky Crochet Cocoon Cardigan
65. Vail Topper Crochet Cardigan
9. Crochet Blankets’ Free Patterns
As can be seen, this is a collection of the biggest items on our crochet gifts list. Overall, they take the longest to create, so start early if you plan to crochet a blanket as a gift.
On the positive side, crochet baby blankets are smaller and quicker. In summary, with our collection of 25 amazing blankets, you’ll find a present for everyone on your list.
As an illustration, here are the links to all the free patterns in that category:
67. Nursery Bear Blanket by makeanddocrew.com
68. 20 Easy Crochet Blankets by craft-mart
69. Wildwood Plaid Blanket by twoofwands.com
70. Ripples in the Sand Blanket
71. Bernat Loopy Dots Crochet Blanket
How to crochet a perfect gift
First of all, try quick and easy crochet gifts such as crochet jewelry or costers. Second, you can crochet messy bun hats or infinity scarves.
However, some of the yarn gifts take longer to finish.
With this in mind, give yourself plenty of time to crochet these patterns in peace. Equally important, make your list and check your yarn supplies. Above all, you don’t want to run out of yarn in the middle of your project.
Whenever you are looking for a handmade gift idea, keep this collection close so you can pick a quick gift for a baby shower or an upcoming birthday.
As a matter of fact, your friend would appreciate your thoughtfulness and the time you put in to make a gift. In other words, handmade says “I love you” much better than a store-bought gift.
Keep in mind, that in order to make a perfect gift you need to know what your friends really like and enjoy. In fact, always try to pick something useful and make it in their favorite color.
For example, it can be a crochet necklace or bracelet to match a new dress. Furthermore, you can crochet a throw to match the decor of your friend’s home.
In summary, our collection of 100+ crochet gifts provides you with a plethora of ideas for everyone on your list.