If you are looking for a fast crochet scarf, this infinity scarf crochet pattern is for you! Most importantly, you’ll learn how to make an infinity scarf which is a basic life skill.
In reality, why should you pick this pattern for the infinity scarf? First of all, it is one skein infinity scarf crochet pattern. Second, you’ll love this unique modern crochet stitch.
How do you crochet an infinity scarf for beginners?
- pick the yarn you like;
- check a few easy crochet scarf patterns;
- find one skein infinity scarf (free crochet pattern) you like the most;
- finally, learn how to make an infinity scarf.
How many chains do you need for an infinity scarf?
As a matter of fact, there is no one answer to this question. Of course, it really depends on the infinity scarf pattern.
Usually, the pattern will say right in the beginning how many chains you should make. Also, some infinity scarves are crocheted length-wise so pay attention to pattern notes.
What stitch should I use to crochet a scarf?
Most importantly, if you are a beginner, pick an easy crochet stitch. Additionally, a crochet stitch for a scarf should only use the stitches you already are familiar with.
At the same time, making a crochet scarf should be fun and there are plenty of free crochet infinity scarf patterns. Furthermore, check if the pattern mentions that it is a fast crochet scarf.
Likewise, as a beginner, you don’t want to be stuck with a complicated pattern when you are just making your first infinity scarf. With this in mind, pick an easy one-row repeat pattern.
Furthermore, this modern unique crochet stitch is perfect for a quick crochet scarf:
- you’ll use only basic crochet stitches (single crochet, half double crochet, and chain);
- it is a one-row repeat;
- this trendy textured stitch looks more complicated than it really is.
(according to Craft Yarn Council)
ch – chain
ch-sp – chain space
st – stitch
hdc – half double crochet
FPsc – front post single crochet
FPhdc – front post half double crochet
As illustrated, the Mandala Yarn is self-striping. In other words, you’ll get all these wonderful color-coordinated blocks without the need to change colors.
Finished Size of Crochet Scarf
6″ (width) by 60″ (length)
I had a small leftover ball of yarn, as the whole skein was too big to achieve the standard length of 60 inches. To emphasize, your infinity scarf needs to be long enough to make a double loop over the neck.
Easy Crochet Scarf Pattern – Spring Unicorn
The name for this scarf crochet pattern was inspired by the bright colors of the Mandla Yarn. Most importantly, this yarn comes in many wonderful colors so you can pick your favorite.
Make a foundation half double crochet with 18 stitches (even number) + 1. Ch 1, turn.
First, *sc into the first stitch, hdc into the same st, skip 1 st*, repeat until you have 1 st left, sc and hdc into the last st; ch 1, turn.
Sc into the first stitch, FPhdc into the next stitch, ch 2, *FPsc into the next st, FPhdc into the same st, ch 2, sk the next st and ch-sp,* repeat to the end of the row, in the last 2 stitches make FPsc and hdc, ch 1, turn.
Row 3 and all other rows
Repeat row 2 until you use almost all yarn and have a tail long enough to stitch your scarf together. Weave in all tail ends.
Here is a printable PDF of this quick scarf pattern:
- Lion Brand Mandala Yarn in Dragon Alley
- Crochet Hook US H/5
- Tapestry needle
- Make a foundation half double crochet with 18 stitches (even number) + 1. Ch 1, turn.
- Row 1: First, *sc into the first stitch, hdc into the same st, skip 1 st*, repeat until you have 1 st left, sc and hdc into the last st; ch 1, turn.
- Row 2: Sc into the first stitch, FPhdc into the next stitch, ch 2, *FPsc into the next st, FPhdc into the same st, ch 2, sk the next st, and ch-sp,* repeat to the end of the row, in the last 2 stitches make FPsc and hdc, ch 1, turn.
- Row 3 and all other rows: repeat row 2 until your scarf is 6o inches long. Leave enough yarn to stitch your scarf together. Weave in all tail ends.
Finished size: 6" x 60"
Are you looking for more FREE PATTERNS of scarves? Check out our collection: